Monday, January 14, 2013

Moved in

We arrived at our new home last Thursday afternoon after our friends Lola and Antonio picked us up in Sevilla.  They had to bring two cars to accomodate our luggage and the five of us.  In Spain it appears that SUVs and Minivans are most definitely NOT the norm. 
 
While the trip went quite smoothly, the boys were more interested in watching movies on the plane and playing with their new electronics, so they didn't get much sleeping done.  By the time we reached our apartment, all three kids were fast asleep in the back of the car.  Inside the apartment, all they could do was take off their shoes, grab a quick snack from their backpacks and plop into bed.  We didn't even worry about pajammas. 
 
While they slept, I went to the grocery store called Dia across the street and stocked up on a few things, knowing that the kids would be ravenous when they awoke.  Ron made beds and settled bags while I shopped.  Toast with salami and cheese with clementines was our meal prior to our three hour nap.  We woke up while the kids slumbered, settled in a bit more, checked emails, ate some more, then settled back in for the night.  At 2:00 a.m. the boys awoke, ready for the day and a meal.  With our limited groceries, I was able to whip up scrambled eggs and toast, yogurt and fruit.  Did you know they don't refrigerate eggs in Spain, and in many countries around the world?
 
Louise kept on sleeping until 4:00 a.m. when she woke to go to the bathroom and eat yogurt, then kept sleeping until she had been asleep for 20 hours.  I joined Ron back in bed until the morning and when we awoke, the boys were still reading and playing games.... eight hours later.  Jet lag does funny things to a body, especially these little ones' bodies. 
 
I took this photo today of everyone out on the balconies of our apartment.  From the photo on the previous post, you can see the place.  The window with Gus and Louise is one of the bedrooms.  Five of the windows belong to us.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Looks like a dream Jenn. Hope you all conquer the jetlag sooner rather than later! Miss you!

Sarah Jane said...

Ahhhh!!! This is so awesome. It's frigid! here today so I love seeing your pics and adventures, lady! I look forward to more reports.

Jennifer Mosher said...

Jenny2! You are my idol. . . I wish I lived your life!!
Con Amor,
the other Jenn

Wasabi Honey Bee said...

Sooo exciting!!! I just got caught up a bit on you temporary move!!!! OOoooo so neat!!!!!

Terry Nelson said...

This is so cool! I know you are home already. I love the balconies.

Yes - I knew that about the eggs too.